Lawrence Woodmere Academy is truly At Home with the World. Once admitted, international students are invited to attend a carefully designed orientation program where they meet with their peers and teachers, learn firsthand about the school community, and get ready for the real-world, hands-on minds-on, personalized learning experiences at LWA.
Welcome-to-the-Academy orientation is a part of LWA’s International, a comprehensive support program committed to not only serving the international students, but also to sharing resources and expertise schoolwide, in a continuous effort to provide academic, co-curricular, and social opportunities for sustained, cross-cultural learning in the entire school community.
At LWA, we pride ourselves in serving in a tight-knit school community of real-world educators – lifelong learners committed to preparing global citizens. Collaboratively, we keep creating possibilities for international and domestic youth to get to know each other better, embrace their academic and social life and feel at home – at Home with the World.
With the primary goal to support and empower international students to help them achieve their fullest potential at The Academy and beyond, LWA’s International offers
- Stand-alone, student-centered ELL classes and tutorials
- International student counseling
- Schoolwide advocacy in cross-cultural matters
- Educational/cultural and college trips
LWA’s International Highlights
- Welcome to the Academy – LWA’s signature international student orientation program
- America The Beautiful – An introductory course to the American Culture
- LWA’s International: Truth, Integrity, and Service – Monthly e-newsletter
- LWA’s International Wednesdays – weekly Zoom meetings with our international parents abroad
- At Home with the World – Upper School club comprised of both domestic & international Students
- Heritage Day – a school wide celebration of cultural/ethnic backgrounds and many customs and traditions that are a part of who we are.