About LWA Summer Day
Barbra Feldman, JD, Director
Susan Keilson, LCSW-R, Director
Our goal at LWA is to build every child up to feel special while they are given the opportunity to explore, discover, face new personal challenges, develop new skills, and hone his or her individual abilities and talents. We truly believe our program stands out for its emphasis on nurturing a child’s strengths, and balancing awesome outdoor activities and sports on fields no other local summer program can boast of with exciting and creative fun in our large air-conditioned facility. We also offer many unique and specialized activities so that there is no “one size fits all” approach to a summer program.
If your child desires a strong sports program, many options exist for intensive athletic training and play. But if your child seeks more of an academic experience, or wants to dive into the visual or creative arts, our flexible program and facility are unmatched in their ability to deliver. Our broad offerings set the stage for lifelong friendships, learning and growing and just plain FUN!
Since 1978 we have been providing this unique, safe and nurturing co- ed environment for children ages 2-12. We also offer our CIT program for teens entering 8th-10th grades.
- Pre-Camp Program
- 10 acre tree-lined campus
- Air-conditioned facility
- Full-size athletic fields
- Red Cross swim instruction in 2 heated pools
- High end sports instruction by top coaches -- lacrosse, tennis, basketball, baseball, softball, soccer, volleyball, newcomb, beach volleyball and GaGa
- Aeroball courts
- 5 art studios
- Karate, yoga, dance, cooking, computer, science/nature and other broad-based activities
- LWA Center for the Creative Arts
- New for 2013: LWA Champion Sports Academy
- Color War, Carnival, Wet and Wild Day, intramurals and other weekly special events
- Optional specialized sports clinics (Grades 3 and up)
- Club “choice” period (Grades 3 and up)
- Academic enrichment
- Weekly trips (Grades 3 and up)
- CIT Program grounded in community service initiatives
- On-campus sleepovers and late nights
- Family nights
- Year-round special events
- Pilot Programs - Optional One Week Specialty Camps
Call our office to receive literature or to attend an open house.
Lawrence Woodmere Academy
336 Woodmere Boulevard
Woodmere, NY 11598
516.374.9000, ext. 850 or 516.374.5559