Privacy StatementAt Lawrence Woodmere Academy, we understand that privacy on the Internet is important to you. As a user of our website, you may have concerns about if and how data is collected and used as you view various pages. We are providing this Privacy Statement to help you understand how we collect and use information from our website.
Information CollectionLawrence Woodmere Academy collects data to (1) learn how we can improve our online communication with you and (2) provide a way to share Wildwood with visitors wanting to learn more about our school. We collect data in two categories: General Web Activity and Personal Information. It is important for you to know that we do not collect personal information unless you voluntarily provide it to us through our web-based forms or through email contact with us.
General Web ActivityLawrence Woodmere Academy periodically collects general information about how visitors use our website. This information includes number of visits, length of visit sessions, most-used pages and peak-usage periods.
This information is:
Collected anonymously, no personal information is associated with the data.
Used internally so we can evaluate our online communication and continue to provide you the best online experience.
Personal InformationPersonal Information is collected by Lawrence Woodmere Academy only when the visitor voluntarily provides it. Examples of personal information include name, address, phone and email. This is done through either a Contact Us form, online shopping, or email.
This information is:
Forwarded to appropriate staff members for follow-up, which may include calling back visitors.
Never distributed to any third-party for solicitation without visitors’ prior approval.
If you have any questions regarding our Privacy Statement, please contact us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Terms of Online Use, Disclaimer, Release and Miscellaneous Provisions for Online Educational Experiences
- Terms of Online Use
- Disclaimer, Release of Claims and Indemnity
- Miscellaneous Provisions
- Terms of Online Use (hereinafter “eCourse”).
- This eCourse and its videos, documents and other associated content (hereinafter referred to as “Content” or “eCourse”) has been created by Lawrence Woodmere Academy (“LWA”) for use by its Students (hereinafter “Student” or “you”). By using the eCourse, you agree to these Terms of Online Use, Disclaimer, Release of Claims and the Miscellaneous Provision provided hereunder.
- LWA has determined to partner with providers of online video communications to complement and support traditional, virtual, and hybrid classrooms, learning from a distance, offering educational office hours for students, providing guest lectures, and other services.
- Student and his/her/its guardian understand that online eCourses may be used by students, including students under the age of 16. LWA is committed to protecting the privacy of K-12 users, and the eCourtse is designed to reflect LWA’s compliance with the applicable requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), the Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Student Online Personal Information Protection Act (SOPIPA), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and other applicable laws.
- This policy applies to students and other end users who may be using the account of another.
- By accessing the eCourse, you, the Student and/or his/her/its guardian understand and agree that certain information may be collected as part of the online collaboration. That information includes, but is not limited to:
- Information commonly used for identification, such as a user’s name, email address (if entered) and other similar identifiers;
- Information about a student’s school, including its location;
- Information about the student’s device, network, and internet connection, such as IP address(es), MAC address, other device ID (UDID), device type, operating system type and version, and client version;
- Information about how the student uses the online platform, including type and frequency of actions taken, number of times the student logs in or enters a meeting, date and time, duration, quantity, quality, network connectivity, other platform performance metrics, and feature usage information, including use of video and screen sharing; and
- Content shared, chat messages, and cloud recordings.
- All sales are final for online eCourses. No refunds are issued for online courses once a sale is completed. The information in our eCourse is for educational purposes only.
- YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE AND PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AND ASSOCIATED SOFTWARE (COLLECTIVELY, THE “SERVICES”) OF LWA IS CONDITIONED UPON YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS. PLEASE REVIEW THOROUGHLY BEFORE ACCEPTING.
- BY CLICKING/CHECKING THE “I AGREE” BUTTON/BOX, ACCESSING THE CONTENT OR BY UTILIZING THE SERVICES YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE). THE CONTENT IS NOT AVAILABLE TO PERSONS WHO ARE NOT LEGALLY ELIGIBLE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE.
- You may only use the Services pursuant to the terms of this Agreement. You are solely responsible for Your use of the eCourse and shall abide by, and ensure compliance with, all Laws in connection with Your use of the Services, including but not limited to Laws related to recording, intellectual property, privacy and export control. Use of the Services is void where prohibited.
- You may be required to provide information about Yourself in order to register for and/or use certain Services. You agree that any such information shall be accurate. You may also be asked to choose a username and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of Your username and password and agree not to disclose such to any third party.
- You agree that You are solely responsible for the content (“Content”) sent or transmitted by You or displayed or uploaded by You in using the Services and for compliance with all Laws pertaining to the Content. You represent and warrant that You have the right to upload the Content and that such use does not violate or infringe on any rights of any third party. You understand and agree that LWA disclaims any and all liability for any Content out of its control which is viewed or viewable by another.
- You are responsible for your activities when accessing the eCourse. LWA assumes no responsibility or liability.
- By utilizing this eCourse, LWA grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to access and use our copyrighted Content and eCourse and any associated materials solely for your own educational, personal and non-commercial, non-duplicatable use. Our eCourse is protected under United States and foreign copyrights. The copying, re-distribution, use or publication by you of any of the content within our eCourse is strictly prohibited. Your use of our eCourse does not grant you any ownership rights to our eCourse. Any breach in the terms of this agreement may result in termination of your access to the eCourse materials.
- We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we ask that you do the same. Except for any third-party content used as part of the LWA Site, the data and materials on the LWA site, including without limitation text, software, graphics, logos, photos, music, videos, and all other audible, visual or downloadable materials, as well as the selection, organization, coordination, compilation and overall look and feel of the LWA Site (collectively, “LWA Content”) are the intellectual property of LWA.
- LWA Content is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and all ownership rights remain with us. We reserve all rights in and to LWA Content. LWA Content may not be distributed, downloaded, modified, reused, copied, reproduced, transferred, displayed, reposted, transmitted, disseminated, sold, published, broadcast or circulated or otherwise used without the express written permission of LWA. LWA reserves the right to take any legal or technical remedies to prevent the violation of the LWA Terms and to protect the LWA Services, Users and the rights and property of LWA and its affiliates. If you violate these Terms, your permission to use the LWA Services automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made of the LWA Content. Any actions on your behalf to contrary could result in litigation.
- If you wish to request permission to use any LWA Content in a manner otherwise prohibited under these Terms, please contact the administrator (information provided below).
- Our eCourse may contain references or links to materials from third-parties. Reference to any third-party products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof, or any affiliation with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties. We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
- We will respond quickly to claims of copyright infringement as found in our eCourse, according to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA) as found under United States law (17 USC. § 512). If you believe any copyrights are infringed by our eCourse, please provide us with a written notice via mail, fax, or email that contains the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on our Website;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
- We are only required to respond to those notices that substantially comply with the above requirements. We will investigate your claim and will notify by the method of contact you used to file your notice with us. You also agree to permit us to adjust, remove or cite any contested content at no risk of litigation or monetary retribution.
- All enrollees are subject to a time restriction on access to the platform of between 1-12 months. When you complete the purchase process, you will be asked to register with the use of an email and password, which allows you one seat in the online training for your personal use only. You agree to maintain the confidentiality of your account username, login information and password and are fully responsible for all liability and damages resulting from your failure to maintain that confidentiality You agree to immediately notify us of any authorized use of your password or any other breach of security.
- Disclaimer, Release of Claims and Indemnity
- Under no circumstances will LWA be liable in any way for any (a) Content that is transmitted or viewed while using the Services, (b) errors or omissions in the Content, or (c) any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to Content.
- Although LWA is not responsible for any Content, LWA may delete any Content, at any time without notice to You, if LWA becomes aware that it violates any provision of this Agreement, or any law.
- THE CONTENT PROVIDED IN OUR ECOURSE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE,” WITH “ALL FAULTS”, AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE DISCLAIMER OF ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE). OUR WEBSITE AND CONTENT MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS. LWA, INCLUDING ALL OUR AFFILIATES, HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR CONTENT. LWA CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF OUR WEBSITE OR CONTENT. LWA DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT OUR CONTENT OR OUR SERVICES FOUND WITHIN ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT ANY SUCH ITEMS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN THE USE AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH CONTENT AND USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND REMOVE VIRUSES. ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED BY VIRUSES SOMEHOW ATTRIBUTED TO OUR CONTENT AND SERVICES IS DISCLAIMED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN CONTENT THROUGH OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USE THEREOF AND ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR MOBILE DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM, LOSS OF DATA OR OTHER HARM OF ANY KIND THAT MAY RESULT.
- IN NO EVENT WILL LWA OR ITS EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, VENDORS, AFFILIATES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OR MISUSE OF THIS VIDEO WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, EQUITY, STATUTE OR BY WAY OF ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES COULD HAVE BEEN FORESEEN.
- LWA is not responsible for the conduct of any end user, Student or another present when the Content is being accessed.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LWA, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, suppliers from any and all claims or third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, attorneys’ fees) arising from Your access of the Content.
- Because some states and jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability, the above limitation may not apply to You.
- Modifications; agreements. No modification, amendment, waiver or consent of any provision of this agreement shall be effective unless the same shall be in writing and signed by the Student and LWA.
- Notices. All notices, requests, consent, demands and other communications hereunder shall be delivered by certified mail, return receipt requested, to the respective parties to this agreement all the addresses set forth in this agreement and shall become effective only upon receipt.
- Waiver remedies. No failure on the part of LWA to exercise, and no delay in exercising, any right under this agreement shall operate as a waiver thereof, nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right under this agreement preclude any other or further exercise thereof of any other right. The remedies provided hereunder are cumulative and not exclusive of any other remedies provided by law or equity.
- Binding effect: Governing law, venue and jurisdiction. This agreement shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of merchant, LWA and their respective successors and assigns, except that merchant shall not have the right to assign its rights hereunder or any interest herein without the prior written consent if LWA which consent may be withheld in LWA’s sole discretion. LWA reserves the rights to assign this agreement with or without prior written notice to merchant. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, with regards to any applicable principals of conflicts of law. Any suit, action or proceeding arising hereunder, or the interpretation, performance or breach hereof, shall be exclusively instituted in any State or Federal Court in New York, County of Nassau, Commercial Division thereof (the “acceptable forums”) and merchant agrees that the acceptable forums are convenient to it, and waives any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue. Should any such proceeding be initiated in any other forum, merchant waives any right to oppose any motion or application made by LWA to transfer such proceeding to an acceptable forum.
- Severability. In case any of the provisions in this agreement is found to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respects, the validity, legality and enforceability of any other provision contained herein shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
- Entire agreement. Any provision hereof prohibited by law shall be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition without invalidating the remaining provisions hereof.
- Jury trial waiver. The parties hereto waive trial by jury in any court in any suit, action or proceeding on any matter arising in connections with or in any way related to the transactions of which this agreement is a part of the enforcement hereof. The parties hereto acknowledge that each makes this waiver knowingly, willingly and voluntarily and without duress, and only after extensive consideration of the ramifications of this waiver with their attorneys,
- LWA does not supply any devices or other equipment used in connection with the eCourses, and accordingly, LWA does not provide any guarantees as to the quality or operability of such devices and equipment when used to access the Content.
- Export Restrictions. You acknowledge that the Services, or portion thereof may be subject to the export control laws of the United States and other applicable country export control and trade sanctions laws (“Export Control and Sanctions Laws”). You may not access, use, export, re-export, divert, transfer or disclose any portion of the Content or any related technical information or materials, directly or indirectly, in violation of any applicable export control or trade sanctions law or regulation. You represent and warrant that (i) You are not citizens of, or located within, a country or territory that is subject to U.S. trade sanctions or other significant trade restrictions (including without limitation Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea) and that You will not access or use the Content, or export, re-export, divert, or transfer the Content, in or to such countries or territories; (ii) You are not identified on any U.S. government restricted party lists (including without limitation the U.S. Treasury Department’s List of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons and Foreign Sanctions Evaders List, the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Denied Parties List, Entity List, and Unverified List, and the U.S. Department of State proliferation-related lists); and (iii) that no Content created or submitted by You is subject to any restriction on disclosure, transfer, download, export or re-export under the Export Control Laws. You are solely responsible for complying with the Export Control Laws and monitoring them for any modifications.
- Class action waiver. The parties hereto waive any right to assert any claims against the others party as a representative or member in any class or representative action, except where such waiver is prohibited by law against public policy. To the extent either party is permitted by law or court of law to proceed with a class or representative action against the other , the parties hereby agree that: (1) the prevailing party shall not be entitled to recover attorneys’ fees or costs associated with pursuing the class or representative action (not withstanding any other provision in this agreement) and: (2) the party who initiates or participates as a member of the class will not submit a claim or otherwise participate in any recovery secured through the class or representative action.
- Facsimile acceptance. Facsimile signatures shall be deemed acceptable for all purposes.