College Guidance at Lawrence Woodmere Academy is a four-year, comprehensive and individualized program in which the students prepare for college with the tools and guidance to optimize their experience and choices.
The College Rooms, located on the first floor, are designed to give students a place and space exclusively for the college search and application process, meetings with college admissions officers, and daily interaction with the Director of College Guidance
Highlights of our College Guidance program include:
- College Nights: These are led by College Guidance, financial aid consultants, and/or peer mentors.
- College Admissions Testing Preparation: All Upper School students are provided Method Test Prep via Naviance, an online program of lessons, quizzes, full-length tests and vocabulary builders, to supplement their college preparatory course of study.
- College Admissions Visits: College admissions officers visit LWA every fall to share overviews, insights and admissions criteria for their schools. In a small-group setting, students meet with admissions officers for lunch and conversation.
- Practice Tests: All sophomores and juniors take the PSAT during the school day in October and juniors take a practice ACT in December.
- Financial Aid Workshops: Open to parents of juniors and seniors, these workshops provide them with step-by-step strategies for filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Aid), college financial planning and strategies.